Bone Spurs

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Birdwatcher, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Bone Spurs

Postby Wendy » Sun May 19, 2013 1:22 am

Sometimes it pays to check things out in depth. My feet have always been extremely pain, wrapped or unwrapped. My left was always very swollen and red. The psychotherapists who now wrap my feet said they didn't think that kind of pain was a result of my Lymphedema and they were right. I requested and finally was able to have my feet x-rayed and it turns out I have a lot of small bone spurs in my feet. Many more in my left foot than my right. Apparently caused because I have been unable to wear shoes due to the swelling of my feet so I had no support for my feet and adding the extra weight of my legs and the bones just couldn't handle it.

I now have my modified "Crocs" and I'm starting to notice a difference in the pain in my feet. Apparently the small bone spurs will gradually heal as I continue to give my feet more support and hopefully lost more weight as a result of the wrapping. So far I have lost 6 liters of fluid from my left leg and now its mainly my calf that is retaining fluid. My thigh and foot are small again and almost look normal again. Lol.

Just wanted to let you know what I had found out. Lymphedema is an ongoing mystery to say the least.
Wendy

Re: Bone Spurs

Postby patoco » Sun May 19, 2013 10:44 am

Thanks for the update Wendy, very much appreciate it.

I had a dear friend at work that had the bones spurs, and those can be soooooo painfull, her's could not be treated, so she had to cope with the pain and still try to go on.

Ughhh.

But, 6 liters of fluid gone? WOW :!: :!: :!: :o

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Leg Lymphedema