Keeping active

Exercises, Diets, Nutrition, Vitamins, Health, Coping, gardening, herbal remedies, truncal lymphedema, chronic illness, breathing, stress, arm exercises, leg exercises, water exercises, low impact exercises, weight training, chair exercises, resistance exercises, stretch exercises, lymphatic drainage, detox patches

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Re: Keeping active

Postby blubrdfrend » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:06 pm

Katica, It is really difficult to control weight when you are not moving, especially for women. I bought a electric cart that I ride in the yard. It has four wheels and a bucket on the back. I have my spade, a small shovel, limb clippers and ant poison in the bucket. My brother brought a small two wheeled trailer that attaches to the back. I can pick up limbs and use it to haul flower pots, hoes and shovels. You will be surprised what you can reach from a scooter. Even if you are not working you are out of the house and moving. I decided this week that I am going outside for at least two hours each day. I just came in. I trimmed all the limbs that I could reach. I think that I am going to die.
blubrdfrend

Postby ienie » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 pm

It's very important to keep active. TO maintain weight, to imporve lymphflow and to feel better and being able to have some control on your body and health. I definately advice water activity such as swimming and aqua aerobics. I also think yoga really helps me as it improves breathing but also helps you to accept your limitations. Besides that I do cardio fitness, cycling and running. But I really needed the aqua and yoga to get a basis to be able to do other more intense sports as well. I feel so much better if I can do sports daily. It's hard to make time but it makes the rest of my life easier so I have to dedicate time to it!
Enjoy your sports!
ienie

Postby ienie » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 pm

btw I really love body balance as well :D and body attack
ienie

Return to Lymphedema Lifestyles