SILKIE

FLU SHOTS, trusting doctors, stomach swelling, compression garment fitting, perception of lymphedema, anger, shoulders, shoulder blades, pantyhose, benadryl, TB test, shaking leg

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

SILKIE

Postby joyous » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:16 pm

:( :( :( :( :( :( I am so sad that I just found out that Silkie is sick - :cry: :cry: :cry:

Pat, Please tell Silkie that I am asking for her. How is she doing?????

:roll: :? :( :( :( :(

I've been busy with my mother - she had a fire in her apartment and we had to put her in an Assisted living place and now I am charge of all of her money. so I haven't been around lately.

I am so sorry I did not know about Silkie - I feel really bad now.

Joy
joyous

Postby coyote » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:41 pm

Hi Joy,

I was devastated when I heard as well :( .

This is what Pat wrote on Sunday for the groups:

Dear Friends and Members

Those of you who have been on the list for a time know of Silkie one of
our original members.

For the past few monthsshe has been undergoing chemo and other
treatment for lung cancer.

I received word today that she is in grave condition in the hospital
with a lung collapse and infection.

The next 48 hours are critical.

Let's surround her with our prayers and strength.

She is truely one of the most noble and beautiful souls I have ever
known and I can't imagine being without her. We have shared endless
hours visiting and working with each other, not only through the
internet but in phone conversations as well.

Pat

Pat also said that they have given her days at the most. I am so sorry, Joy!!! It is heart-wrenching news.

Julie E
aka coyote
coyote

Postby patoco » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:48 pm

Thanks Joy and Julie

Wasn't sure yet how to post the news here yet.

The last I heard was she had stablized..but nothing more today.

Keep hoping for that miracle.........

hugss

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby Kim » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:18 pm

I had no idea that Silkie was so sick! :(

Please keep us informed, Pat.
I believe in miracles...

Many thoughts and prayers,
Kim
Kim

Postby joanne johnson » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:15 am

Pat, thank you for the update about our beloved Silkie although it is so sad to hear of her condition. She is such a vital part of this website, like yourself.
I also believe in miracles. We all know that Silkie is a fighter with spunk and spirit. Hopefully, with our prayers and the help of God she will join us again soon.
joanne johnson

Postby tsegadesta » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:35 am

She will be in my prayers.
Tsega
tsegadesta

Postby patoco » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:39 pm

Dear Family

Our beloved Silkie went to be with our Lord at 11:40AM British time this morning.

My love to you all

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

silkie

Postby suzeeq » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:54 pm

I am so sorry to hear of Silkie's death. Is there some way to send her family a card? Or if you don't want to give out her address, maybe you Pat, could send condolences from us all. She will be greatly missed. Susan
suzeeq

Silkie

Postby joyous » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:50 pm

Silkie would want us to continued to help others just like we help each other.

:( :( :( God Bless Silkie where ever she is - and she will be watching everything we do.

Pat, I remember that New Years eve that we were on the computer with Silkie (london), Jim (new zealand), you (Atlanta, GA) and I (Norristown, Pa.)and we brought in the new year - It was the best new years eve I ever had.

Please post anything you want to said about our dear beloved Silkie

:wink: I Think this is a good way to remember Silkie if each of us write in here about one special day or night that Silkie help us. Then we all can read about how she help each of us.

Joyous66
joyous

Postby patoco » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:36 pm

I was thinking earlier, that Silkie would always tell me, she had this recurring dream.

She would dream that she was running along the waves at the beach. She always wanted to feel the sand squishing through her toes.

I can just see her now, splashing in those waves, laughing, being silly and happy and free.

I'm going to try to add some posts and shares some photos.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Postby Kim » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:07 pm

Silkie was such an inspiration to so many. I wonder if she knew that? I hope so.

I think of her every day as I do my exercises. We shared some laughs about be-bopping to music as we exercised...making the most of the day to day routine. She had such a fun since of humor that was so encouraging and contagious!

When I find myself getting the blues, I think of her not letting a life with LE keep her down. What is it she always said? Something like....I have LE but LE doesn't have me? Those words echo in my head OFTEN.

Thank you, Silkie. Enjoy that freedom...running and dancing and just having a ball!

Pat, if you can, please pass on our love, prayers, and support to Silkie's family. What a void they will have in their lives.

Kim
Kim

Postby coyote » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:19 pm

There were times a few years ago shortly after I had been diagnosed with lymphedema that I really just really wanted to die...I was in so much pain with no end in sight, I felt nothing but despair...and then I met this wonderful woman online with the wicked sense of humor who was able to get me laughing at one of the worst times of my life...What a cherished gift to have found someone who was able to lift me up and pull me out of my depression at a time when I couldn't seem to do it for myself! Silkie was the best natural anti-depressant around. I truly believe that Silkie may have saved my life by lending that kind of support to me. I tell this story to honor her memory because we don't always know how important we are to others. Silkie was just being herself and yet what she did meant the world to me.

I will miss her.

Julie E.
aka coyote
coyote

Postby bouncedrealitycheck » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:54 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Silkie. She was the sweetest person! I will miss her and her stories. Her family is in my thoughts and prayers.
bouncedrealitycheck

Postby joanne johnson » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:12 am

I still have tears in my eyes after reading that Silkie has passed from this life. I still had hope that she would make it. She shared so much of her life with us ... her grandchildren, her children, her friends, gardening, holiday preparations and so much more.

I loved her sense of humor and enjoyed her posts. I truly admired Silkie and I mourn the death of this special lady. God Bless her and her loving family and friends.
joanne johnson

Silkie

Postby joyous » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:01 am

Julie E. said it best: "I truly believe that Silkie may have saved my life by lending that kind of support to me." Silkie have saved many, many life around the word.

Silkie was put on this earth to help everyone out and she would want us to go on and keep helping other people in her name.

Family and friends we will all miss Silkie - I remember one of the girls stop writing on the web site and Silkie did all she could do to find one of our family but she could find her.

joyous66

Please keep posting :o
joyous

Silks

Postby marigold » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:14 pm

This is devastating news. I just heard (read) it on another forum and came over here to be sure it was the same person! Julie E really stated what I wanted to say. Silkie, with her ebullient, cheery spirit and humorous posts, as well as good advice, raised all our spirits over the past few years, and at times I printed out her posts. I always thought, if I manage to get to England soon, I'd like to visit her. I had no idea that she had lung cancer--I guess I have not been on the board recently.

Right now, I want to tell the rest of you, especially the regular posters!, how much you mean to me. A forum like this is not only a place to get and send information, it's also a place where we feel we get to know others, if only to a degree.

Anyway, I am going to stop crying now--I hope. It's almost time to go home from work--all those people on the bus happy because it's Friday...well, if I look as though I've "lost my best friend," it's because I do feel as though I'd lost one of them.

Marigold
marigold

Postby marigold » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:10 pm

Silkie's last post that came up on a search, was in late May, and it was so typical of her:

Sometimes the greatest pleasure comes from the simple things
bermudas and sneakers Whay to go !!!!

Enjoy strutt your stuff and flash those limbs

Life is for living can't stop because we are a little different

if you got it flaunt it

Hugssssssssss

Silksxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
marigold

Postby patoco » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:58 pm

My Beloved Silkie

Do you remember that special song you sent me a couple years ago?

The night you journeyed into eternity, I kept hearing it over and over again in my mind and in my heart. Somehow... somehow....I knew it was your way of saying goodbye.

Now, I send it back to you, carried on the wings of angels and in the quietness of the new dawn:

You Raise Me Up

When I am down and, oh my soul, so weary;
When troubles come and my heart burdened be;
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence,
Until you come and sit awhile with me.

You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up...
To more than I can be.

You raise me up...
To more than I can be.

There is no life - no life without its hunger;
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly;
But when you come and I am filled with wonder,
Sometimes, I think I glimpse eternity.

You raise me up...
To more than I can be.

You raise me up...
To more than I can be.

You raise me up...
To more than I can be.
patoco
Site Admin

Postby angel » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:20 am

I am so sorry to hear about Silkie. I got many a kind reply to my posts when I was feeling hopeless. I just noticed this thread, being wrapped up in my own problems. God bless her and I am sure she is laughing and joking where she is now. God bless all on this board. My prayers are with Silkie's family.
angel

Silkie

Postby Cindy » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:25 pm

I will always remember Silkie. She was one of the first to help me out of the hopelessness of finding out I had le. She made me laugh instead of cry. She encouraged me. I will miss her. Cindy
Cindy

Silkie

Postby joyous » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:19 pm

Family and Friends - :roll:

Please post and let us all know the stories that you have share with Silkie - we would all love to hear -

what you share and what stories you can give us - since we are all mourning the lost of our beloved - "SILKIE" - our friend and family member

Remember all of us we love SILKIE

I was really thinking this year I would go over to London to visit her and go drinking with her and mandy for St. Patty day, since they have so much fun - but I will stay here and rise my glass and have a few for Silkie and just think of her dancing in the street.

hugs and kisses

joy
joyous

Postby ksl4139 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:00 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Silkie, she was so positive about things and helped me with some issues. I didn't know she had been sick or had lung cancer. I hope her family lets you know more about her death and if we can send cards to them.
Kathy
ksl4139

Postby gary1955 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:37 am

Silkie was the sweetest person and she sure did care about everyone on this forum. I am heartbroken to hear of her passing.
gary1955

Postby gottahavesun » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:25 pm

I have also been away for awhile dealing with my own health issues. I saw a couple days ago about Silkie's passing and have been too upset to post anything until now. I've thought of all the laughs we had together and all the times she made me smile. Silkie was always there for everyone, putting on a brave front to help others, getting by with little sleep so that she could be there to welcome new members as soon as possible. She watched the boards so that when someone was reaching out for help, in their first(or 100th) post she could connect with them asap so they would know someone was there to listen, comfort, or put a smile in your heart. Wow, did she ever know how to place smiles on our heart!!I know she would want us to rejoice as we think about her. She was such a wonderful friend and I will miss her and think of her often. I'm done with my tears at her passing and rejoice in the fact that she is waiting for us in heaven. I plan on meeting her there to do a jig without our confoundit compression hose(remember her talking about the first time she had to go to the batheroom in public and could not get the hose up and zipped-lol). Rest and be free good friend!

Lisa aka Gottahavesun
gottahavesun

Sikie

Postby joyous » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:49 am

:lol: Good to see you back Lisa, :) do you have any good story that Silkie told you or you had with her.

Keep the stories come family - we all love to hear about how Silkie affected your life, :) How she make you smile :lol:

:lol: I think we all should pick up a drink and toast her and the life she live.

Here to you my dear friend - :P save room for us up there

joy {joyous66}
joyous

Postby gary1955 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:46 am

This post was my favorite Silkie reply....http://www.lymphedemapeople.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1341&highlight=#1341

see her replies to me of Sept 18 and 19, 2006
gary1955

Note from Silkie Son

Postby patoco » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:58 pm

Hey Family

First, wanted to let everyone know that I am working on a special page for Silkie..hopefully wukk have it ready soon.

Also, Mandy sent this note from Silkie''s son Jonathan and wanted it posted here and on Let's Talk

Subject: Re: my mums sites
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:12:41 +0100 (BST)

mandy can you please pass this on or post it on the site for me

ive just read all the kind words that you have all put for my mum silkie she fought right to the end it was her friends all of you that kept her going every time somthing went wrong she found a strength to carry on and she wanted to be that rock for the people who couldnt find her strength i want to thank you all for giving her a happy life you were all her family and if she made you laugh when you were down or she give you a glimmer of hope when you thought there was none then she touched your life & if she did then she'll always be with here

thank you all so much for being there for her

jonathan
patoco
Site Admin

Silkie

Postby joyous » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:17 am

Pat, That was a very special letter from Jonathan.

Mandy is reading this please, thank him for us - for writing such a beautiful thought - I know everyone would love hearing that.

Jonathan - thank you so very much for writing to us. - We do conside you also our family. so if you need to write to us in the future we will receive you with open arms.

Kissess and hugssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Joy
joyous

Re: SILKIE

Postby patoco » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:25 am

it has now been a year since our beloved Silkie left us.

She is still thought of and loved and very missed.

Still hard to believe too.

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Re: SILKIE

Postby Kim » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi Pat,

Silkie has been on my mind also. She was and continues to be a wonderful example and blessing in my life. I miss her to.

Kim
Kim

Next

Return to Lymphedema Family Talk