new member from covington georgia

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

new member from covington georgia

Postby juliebean » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:33 pm

Hi everyone! my name is julie I have congenital lymphedema on my left side mostly in arm and leg i also have fluid around my heart and left lung and more recently the right lung as well. I am 28 years old. When i was born the doctors said i wouldn't live 2 weeks after being diagnosed but i did then they said i wouldn't make to a year, then 5 years, well i did i was determined as was my family they prayed so hard for me and i believe god answered our prayers then because the doctors stopped putting sentences on my life, i'm not saying i haven't been through some hard times but i know that i was saved i also had the best pediatrician in the world he always went above and beyond his call of duty even visiting me in the hospital on his day off and bringing me gifts sometimes i don't guess theirs any doctor out there nearly as good as him. but anyway now i have a son of my own (one more thing they thought i'd never be able to do ) he's 6 and a half and healthy. and i now use my old pediatrician for him. pretty cool right? well i guess i've written enough now so if anyone wants to talk about l.e. just let me know.

thanks to all and god bless,
julie
juliebean

Return to Welcome Family